Hello, I'm Alexa.
And I cannot stand writing bios for myself. Being asked to summarize who I am in a short paragraph always feels like a monumental task, mostly because I'm a lot. A lot of interests, a lot of talents, a lot of projects, and a whole lot of personality, so I'll try to let my work speak for itself, but here's the brief summary you probably came looking for:
- My name is pronounced UH-LEKS-UH HINE-RICK, but call me Alex
- Social media strategist and professional speaker specializing in accessibility
- Millennial who relocated from Chicago to St. Petersburg, Florida
- Columbia College Chicago (2013) B.F.A. in Advertising Art Direction
- Director of Accessible Social, an online resource hub for content creators
- Creator of Social Media Tea, a user-generated content project
- Winner of Sprout Social's 2020 "Always On" Award
- Voted Higher Education Social Media's 2021 "Marketer of the Year"
- Named St. Petersburg College's inaugural "Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Champion" in 2022